Looking for a PlayStation 1 Emulator for your PC or android device? You’ve come to the right place.
There are many PS1 emulators for download under different names and developers such as ePSXe, Mednafen, PCSX, pSX, PSXeven, RetroArch, VGS XP, etc.
But according to a community review, ePSXe is the best PS1 emulator. So what is the PS1 emulator/ePSXe? ePSXe (enhanced PSX emulator) is a PlayStation video game console emulator for x86-based PC hardware with Microsoft Windows and Linux and even Android devices.
- Updated the x86 recompiler to use the same recompiler as in the rest of the versions (Android, Linux x64, Mac). Now it should be easier to fix problems in all versions.
- Ported the local netplay from Android (Experimental). This version is compatible using local netplay with the rest of ePSXe versions from version 2.0.5 (MacOSX, Linux x86, Linux x64 and Android – version 2.0.6). (Additional info the ePSXe docs)
- Ported the GPU CORE threading mode from the Android version. The PC CPUs are faster than Android CPUs, so it will improve less FPS. (This option is better when the CPU is slower).
- Added new threading modes to the Pete OpenGL2 Core Plugin. It includes a basic 2-thread mode, and 2 extra modes adding soft/hardware effects. (It could improve some effects, for example, the burning photo at the start of Castlevania)
- In the INPUTCORE plugin, swapped the vibration actuators when using the Xinput mode (to match to real PSX Left/Right). Besides when using a gamepad in digital mode, now you can use the left stick as the DPad.
- Fixed the >2GB PBP ROMs support. Now it should be able to run the PSX2PSP isos bigger than 2GB as Final Fantasy VIII PSP pack.
- Fixed the cheat codes support when running on the interpreter mode.
- Added a new option in the cheat codes window to download cheat codes from the ePSXe version
- Fixes to the core made more games playable or better working. (WING COMMANDER IV, MONKEY HERO)
It doesn’t have any installation wizard because ePSXe is a standalone program that can be easily run from your computer or android device. All you need to do is just extract the zip file on your computer desktop or any specific folder. We do not recommend you extract or put your emulator file in the Windows program folder. Double-tap on ePSXe and you are ready to configure your emulator according to your need or hardware.
To load PS1 game CD (ISO, BIN format) game BIOS & Plugins boot require. That you can do by following the below steps.
- Go to Config ↦ Wizard Guide
- Click on Config
- Select BIOS acording to your need scph1001 – (USA recommended)
- Conig Video acording to your hardware
- Leave default sound or config acording to your need.
- You can test and next Cdrom config.
- Config your controller.
- Go to File ↦ Run ISO and locate your game file.
ePSXe’s PC requirements
|Minimum System Requirement
|Recommended System Requirement
|Android Minimum Requirement
|OS ↦ Windows XP SP3
CPU ↦ Intel Pentium III CPU
GPU ↦ 1 GB
RAM ↦ 2 GB
DirectX ↦ DirectX 8
Storage ↦ 1GB
|OS ↦ Windows 7/10 32/64Bit
CPU ↦ i3 5th gen 2.4Ghz
GPU ↦ 2 GB
RAM ↦ 4 GB
DirectX ↦ DirectX 9
Storage ↦ 1GB
|Processor ↦ ARM or x86 (Intel Atom)
OS ↦ Android 2.3.3 or newer
RAM ↦ 256 MB
Can I play any game on my PC?
Yes, once you have the files and follow the instruction. Emulator performs as per your system requirement.
Does ePSXe support multiple game formats?
It supports multiple CD-ROM formats (.bin/.cue, multi-bin/cue, .mdf/.mds, .ccd/.bin/.sub, .pbp, etc).
Do I need a high configuration system?
We have mentioned below the Minimum and recommended system requirements. Your system must meet minimum system requirements to run the game smoothly on your PC/Laptop.